Program Assistant for Senior Adult Day Program – weekday/business hours, relaxed environment, established non-profit
Do you have a heart for helping seniors in our community? Are you the planner in your family? Make a difference planning fun, meaningful days for a group of seniors who count on your creativity and enthusiasm.
Alzheimer’s Tennessee, a statewide 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization founded more than 35 years ago, offers the Howard Circle of Friends Adult Day Program to provide fellowship to seniors and respite to their caregivers.
- Families rely on Alzheimer’s Tennessee to provide a safe and therapeutic environment Monday through Friday for their loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease (or a related dementia or illness) as well as seniors who are socially isolated.
- The award-winning program licensed by the state is housed near downtown Knoxville in a comfortable, clean environment with a small staff-to-participant ratio.
We’re looking for a full-time or multiple part-time assistants to conceive, schedule and implement daily outings and fun activities for senior participants. Enjoy tailoring social and recreational activities to their interests and abilities – and share special moments with families in a scheduled newsletter. High School diploma/G.E.D. and two years hands-on experience in associated field and knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias preferred.
- Guaranteed 8-hour shifts
- Paid holidays, sick days, vacation days
- Focus your energy and creativity on participants and volunteers, while our reputable Program Supervisor coordinates logistics with families and completes required paperwork
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Set weekday schedule
- Exercise leadership skills and creativity not behind a desk
- Have fun interacting in a positive way with those around you daily
- Feel good about what you do, help those in need and give back to community
To apply, submit resume to the right.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN