Speech Therapist - Full time School based
Job ID: HACN0144251-9021
The Speech and Language Therapist shall:
- Establish and maintain as positive, respectful and supportive relationship with all students and staff.
- Provide mandated speech services by working in small group or one-to-one with students’ speech and language challenges.
- Report student attendance in school data tracking system on a weekly basis.
- Work collaboratively with classroom teachers, special area teachers, and parents.
- Design approaches to help students communicate needs and wants as well as academics.
- Contact student’s physician, community speech provider, and parents when appropriate to better understand student’s treatment.
- With young children, ensure appropriate instruction to help students acquire communication skills, healthy self-images, and appropriate relationships with peers as disability warrants.
- At the secondary level, implement reading, language, and writing strategies to enhance pragmatic early year’s approach.
- Develop plan to evaluate speech and language therapy program and reflect on practice.
- Maintain an effective data-management system.
- Interpret speech evaluations conducted by CSE or parent.
- Maintain and interpret student records including but not limited to IEP’s.
- Assist principal in resolving student needs, issues, and problems.
- Utilize district technology and work to maintain proficiency.
- Participate in appropriate in-service and workshop programs and attend required meetings.
- Serve as a role model for students and staff in demonstrating positive attitudes, appropriate attire and grooming, and effective work ethic.
- Display ethical behavior in working with students, parents, school personnel, and outside agencies associated with the school.
- De-personalize students’ inappropriate behaviors especially when directed toward you.
- Support instruction, tutoring, and supervision of individual student or small groups of students.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising responsibilities and duties and disclose such information within legal confines with prior approval of administration.
- Adhere to all applicable Federal and New York State Board of Education rules and regulations and The Hallen School policies and procedures.
- Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by their supervisor and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
Application Deadline is 6/26/2019
Please click apply now!
Location/Region: Yorktown Heights, NY