At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
Data breaches and identity theft pose an existential threat to our business, and in today’s hyper-connected world, that threat is escalating. The growth of digital, mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) is bringing payments to millions of new connected devices—and millions of new potential entry points for cybercriminals. Today’s criminals are relentless in their attempts to exploit vulnerabilities with increasingly sophisticated malware, social engineering, and brute force attacks. To protect Visa’s assets in this dynamic threat landscape, we’re deploying new cyber-security tools, collaborating across industries, and taking a proactive approach to monitoring the cyberspace beyond the Visa network.
We have matured from a compliance-driven organization to an agile one that can actively defend against threats and proactively manage risk for the enterprise. To maintain our impressive track record of zero breaches to the Visa network, we must stay vigilant in tracking our adversaries and evolving our approach to thwart new and emerging attack vectors.
Teams Actively Hiring within Cybersecurity
Security Architecture and Engineering
Defines and attests security architecture and standards for all Technology solutions, infrastructure, and applications. Also engineers security solutions and services to reduce attack surface in Visa’s products and infrastructure.
Identity and Access Management (IAM)
IAM is the security and business discipline that enables the right user to access the right resources at the right time and for the right reasons. Key IAM functions include access requests, user on-boarding, off-boarding, transfers, user access re-certification; privileged access management, single-sign-on, multi-factor authentication, and role based access control. IAM strives to set the correct balance between convenience/user-experience and compliance/enterprise risk reduction.
Focuses on delivery of 24x7x365 days security monitoring, incident response and investigations, and threat intelligence capabilities for Visa. We have adopted an intelligence-driven defense and response to cyberattacks of consequence. We have enhanced several key functions including Database Activity Monitoring, File Integrity Monitoring, and Distributed Denial-of-service (DDoS) protection across all critical applications and implemented a Next-Generation Firewall Platform.
Enables cyber innovation by the rapid design, creation, and deployment of technologies and processes that will provide a level of confidence and protection to our stakeholders and partners.
We are growing our Cybersecurity teams in our core US technology centers: Austin, TX; Foster City, CA; and Ashburn, VA and hiring engineers, analysts, and leaders in the following disciplines/skill sets.
- Supporting software development / QA specially web services, security tools etc.
- Tech skills: Burp Suite, IDA pro, APKTool, Hopper, HP Fortify, CheckMarx (Sast/Dast), Cycript, XPosed, Charles, dex2jar, Kali Linux, Wireshark or any mobile security and/or penetration testing tools or frameworks.
- SOAP / REST API, Web Services
- Development tools such as Maven, Jenkins and Git
Machine Learning - Security Engineering:
- Applying Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, data science, and statistics concepts including API integration, python, authentication, analysis, modeling, and visualization (python, sci-kit, numpy, matlab, algorithms)
- Statistical and machine learning models
- Exceptional coding skills and experience with high-level programming language like Scala, Python, Java for data analysis.
- Experience with tools for statistical computing (e.g. tensorflow, NumPy, SciPy).
Identity Access Management (IAM):
- Identity Management solutions like Oracle Identity Manager, Sailpoint or similar tools
- IAM products related to Authentication, provisioning, authorization, SSO, and/or enterprise security protocols like SAML, OpenID, OAuth and/or mobile development (iOS/Android)
- Security technologies including data encryption, intrusion detection/prevention, event correlation, secure application development, etc.
- Security controls provided in common platforms and applications in the corporate environment including Unix, Linux, Windows, IBM Mainframe (zTPF, MVS), Oracle, MS SQL Server Microsoft Outlook, J2EE and .NET applications, etc.
Platform System Admin:
- Linux and/or Windows
- Administering, troubleshooting, and optimizing WebLogic
- Code deployments into a Linux/WebLogic environment
- Encryption and key management security practices.
- Host Security Modules (HSM) administration practices and capabilities. (Desired)
- CISM or CISA, ITIL, CRISC.
Cyber Defense and Incident Response:
- Cyber Security Operations, Incident Response processes
- Python and/or PowerShell scripting, YARA, RegEx and PCRE
Governance Risk and Compliance:
- Current information security and compliance vendor landscape
- Control frameworks such as NIST-800-53, Center of Internet Security, ISO/IEC 27002
- Regulatory requirements in particular PCI-DSS, GLBA, FFIEC, SOX, GDPR
If you have a background and interest in any of the areas above, apply today and a recruiter will be in touch soon to discuss your potential future at Visa.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.